Key points in this article:
- There’s no need to dread the “New Year diet” if you take a different approach.
- Plan some simple and achievable lifestyle changes that’ll both give you the control you want and make you fitter and healthier.
- Look forward to the process because it’ll make you feel GREAT!
With Christmas rapidly approaching, the last thing we want to be doing is thinking about that depressing moment in January when we realise that we have over-indulged during the festive period and really need to do something about our weight and general fitness.
This moment comes to most people – January is always the most profitable time for the diet and fitness industries – and we flock to the latest fad dieting book or celebrity-led fitness craze. It all goes to make this time of year even more depressing than usual!
If all this sounds familiar, then make a resolution NOW to do something different this year!
Instead of saying this to yourself:
‘Oh dear, I know I’m going to have to go on a diet after Christmas’
‘This year, I’m not going to worry about my weight because I’m going to approach the whole slimming issue differently’
That feels a bit better doesn’t it?
Now stop thinking about losing weight at all. Instead, think more in terms of getting fitter and healthier. WHY?
- Merely trying to lose weight is treating a symptom and if you don’t treat the cause (an unhealthy lifestyle), then you’re on a hiding to nothing.
- To most people, everything to do with losing weight has BAD connotations…horrible diets, sweaty exercise sessions etc.
- If you work on changing your lifestyle in terms of eating and activity, then you are looking at a long term solution, as opposed to a quick fix!
So if you think ahead to the New Year with a view to making your lifestyle more healthy, then that’s something you can really look forward to, as opposed to dread…and here’s why:
- Changing your eating and activity lifestyle is easier than you think, as long as you take it easy and think long term. If you want dramatic and instant results, then you’re going to be disappointed.
- Getting fitter and healthier will make you feel GREAT, whereas going on just a diet will make you feel BAD!
- Adapting your lifestyle is for a permanent effect and once you’re in control, you won’t have to worry about weight or diets again…imagine how that’ll feel!
If you like the sound of this approach, then we suggest you first read The 5 golden rules before you try to lose weight. This will get you in the right mind set.
Then, in the New Year, download the New In 90 app or book and start on the road to permanent weight control and fitness.
In the meantime, have a great holidays!
The New In 90 team